From Dreaming to Believing DIY

Following on from last week where I revealed to readers my nest of tables I thought you may like to see the inspiration for my room and the next part of the makeover. I was inspired by an image I found on Pinterest that I decided to see whether I could replicate it in our bedroom. It features colours already present in my bedroom so I have just gone for a bit of freshening up in the room as opposed to a full on makeover. Here is the result that was lovingly put together by both my husband and I.


The dragons were stenciled on when I first painted the room but I'm not sure whether they still work or not. We had these letters that I like and have been meaning to put up for a while instead of a drivers number plate. The picture in the middle is an Aboriginal dream time design that used to belong to my Grandma and the canvas and frame both are sentimental to us as they remind us of our wedding. Finally the 3 picture frames underneath feature things from a book called Flow my sister gave me. What do you think?

This post was originally linked up with Home Etc and Share With Me.

Comments

  1. Pinterest is SO fabulous isn't it for giving us ideas and inspiration for ur own homes. It's lovely to be able to put our own stamp on where we live isn't it? I don't know where I'd be without it, these days! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with us pet :) #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is but so easy to get stuck down the rabbit hole of Pinterest for hours and forget to put things into action. I love my home and am thoroughly enjoying putting my stamp on things.

      Delete
  2. You have recreated the first image so well - and yet put your own stamp on it! I get a lot of my ideas from Pinterest these days too :) Thanks for linking up, lovely to have you again - and thanks for sharing :) Jess xx

    #HomeEtc

    www.mummyofboygirltwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. I can be very critical of myself. Pinterest is fantastic I agree. I love linking up and seeing what great things people have been up to.

      Delete
  3. I love getting ideas from Pinterest too, it's great when you see something that you want to copy at home! This looks great! #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. The perfectionist came out and I wondered whether the dragons should stay or go etc.

      Delete
  4. I love pinterest for ideas and collecting inspiration. Great room and you have done lovely too with yours. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is fantastic; like an online collage.Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete

Post a Comment