Halloween at Home


Here in the UK many of us love to celebrate Halloween but compared to the Americans I think we are more subdued in what we wear with many of us dressing as cats, witches and skeletons.

For the last few years my hubby and I have been to a giant geocaching event in Northamptonshire. This spooktacular event is hosted at a different place every year and the caches are themed. If you go walking in that area don’t be surprised to see Aragog and his offspring, Sid the hissing snake or a coffin rented from St John’s Ambulance playing host to a bandaged dummy – I mean mummy. 

We got lost once and I recall someone saying that the hosts must have paid a lot on the things in that area till we had the fright of our life as we realised we’d stumbled across a real life crash site! 

It sure is a great event with it taking in so many visitors that it becomes a Mega event. Sadly this year it has been postponed for a couple of the hosts are expecting babies this year. My daughter was also born this year and taking a bottle fed baby for a day may have been too much to cope with anyway. So we wait in hope that the event will return next year and we can visit with her.

Meanwhile, I've put up a little Halloween decor for her to get used to.



  • She seems fascinated by the bat that hangs in the wreath.
  • I’ve swapped out the cushions
  • My favourite green glass is staying put – I can imagine them issuing out puffs of potion
  • Little jack o lanterns feature purple tea lights
  • A beanbag frog sits on a nest of purple tissue paper
  • My sequinned cat bag sits pretty
  • A Halloween book made for me in a swap one year (I keep meaning to fill it with the images of the caches we come across every year but it is just as lovely in its present form)
  • A little Frankenstein cushion 

Linkling up with #HalloweenHorrors

Comments

  1. Those tea lighters look great and love the orange colour. I think you're right, we're much less subdued in the UK than in the US but I think we're catching up fast. It's not something I join in with but I do like pumpkins so would be tempted to add a dash of orange every now and again :) #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the lovely pumpkin tea lights from Waitrose at the fantastic price of £2 each. I thought they would charge double that there. I agree we Brits are 'catching up fast'.

      Delete
  2. Love the cushions! We don't really decorate our homes much do we? More about pumpkins and food, but these are greta ideas :) Thanks for linking up and sharing, much appreciated :) Jess xx

    #HomeEtc

    www.mummyofboygirltwins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little lanterns are fab!! I'm looking forward to going to town on the Halloween decor next year!! The boys will be a little older and will understand it all more!! :) Thanks so much for linking up with us #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caro. I'll have to stop by your blog to see what happened.

      Delete
  4. Lanterns and cushions are amazing way to go. I am throwing my first ever halloween party next year and decorating the entire house I can't wait. Although I get so scared at masks and clowns such a wuss. lol Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny Wondering how the decorations are coming along

      Delete
  5. I've always been so jealous of the USA for the Halloween celebrations they get to have! Wish the UK would catch up too! Sounds like a great event, love the pumpkin tealights! x #halloweenhorrors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The event was fantastic sadly it's no more no doubt a lot of work to put on

      Delete
  6. That event sounds fab! Hopefully it will be back next year :) Love the cushion
    Thanks for linking up to #HalloweenHorrors :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment