Turning Trash to Treasure

Nesting on a budget is something I've been buzzing about. From finding the perfect cushions at a charity shop and carboot sale to picking up coasters at a swap shop, I'm all about living and loving the frugal life. This in turn is an environmentally friendly way in which to live as many of these things would have gone to waste.



Over the weekend I noticed that an Ikea Traby Unit was up for grabs and a quick message to the owner after they’d posted it being available led to me securing the item. Fortunately it fit in the car and was brought back to ours where it now sits awaiting a lick of paint and I aim to change the knobs on the doors.




The boxes I bought for my daughter’s toys fit perfectly in this unit. So they've been swapped over from the bookcase in her room and four of them now sit full of toys awaiting tiny hands to explore them with of course help from mummy.

Have you turned trash to treasure?





Home Etc
Let's Talk Mommy
Thrifty Home
www.mrscraftyb.co.uk

Comments

  1. I think the closest I've done to this was turning part of our old conservatory into a unit for storing logs outside! It does the job, but trust me, you wouldn't want it in your house! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds an interesting concept. Pity it didn't work out.

      Delete
  2. Our huge Expedit unit in our dining room was originally going to be thrown out by the previous owner. It was a 5 x 5 unit but hubby added to it to make it a 6 x 6 and the bottom cubbies are great for the girls' toys. Glad you managed to pick up the Traby unit and that your daughter's boxes fit it so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was very lucky for us as they're bigger than most out there. I like the sound of your 6 x 6 unit.

      Delete
  3. Aaah I'm a MASSIVE fan of bargain hunting!! Most of the things in our home were bargain basement — or second hand. The two white sofas in our conservatory cost just £9.99 from Ebay!! Less than 10 quid for TWO sofas!!! I was over the moon with that — probably my best bargain ever :)

    Thanks so much for linking up with Jess and me for #HomeEtc, we really appreciate it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy participating and it gives me the chance to be nosy and see what others get up to. That definitely is a bargain.

      Delete
  4. I love getting bargains... we used to buy loads of second hand toys too through gumtree or ebay. That was a great way to save some money and used for more important things for the kids like milk. Thank for sharing! #MakingHome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't done that - Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  5. It's so satisfying when you get your hands on someone else's rubbish and you know how much potential it has. I definitely need to try harder at this, there are so many houses being renovated where I live that I could probably pull treasure from skips every day X #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should have a go. I challenge you to do it and report back. x

      Delete
  6. I love brain hunting except I don't seem to have an eye for it lol! You've done a fab job here though #MakingHome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love a good bargain! So satisfying getting something for next to nothing!! Thanks so much for linking up with us - we really appreciate it :) xx

    #HomeEtc

    www.mummyofboygirltwins.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good trash to treasure project. Looks great. Way to be creative and make storage useful too. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope to see you again this week for another great round of #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently on the look out for something good for our hallway for shoes and post etc. Love an upcycle! Thanks for linking up to #MakingHome

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment