My Winter Wardrobe


Shhh you see that red dress I'm wearing in that photo it’s maternity wear!

There seems to be a taboo over maternity wear i.e.. it should not be worn after coming out of hospital with baby in your arms. However, as they are so comfortable and we are no doubt very tired from sleepless nights these pieces often become our go to items after giving birth to. Many celebrities hire fitness experts to get them looking trim and svelte after having a little one but for many people it’s not so easy to get back into shape over night but more a case of months.

Now that my daughter is 8 months and we have started going to nursery groups. I've found myself looking at my new figure and considering what my go to wardrobe would look like. My daughter has got her own little wardrobe, with go to items in view so why don’t I do that for myself? About 30 items should do it so that we can get to the nursery groups on time and I'm not trying to wrack my baby brain over what to wear and never got there.

This winter I aim to ditch most of my maternity wear too. The jeans can be put away in case I have another little one, but as for the tops and the odd dress I'm considering keeping them out a little longer. Do people really know that their prime purpose is as maternity wear? Does it really matter? While I get to know my new figure and celebrate it, I will be looking at what works for me now I have a new role in my life.

What are you doing this Winter to celebrate being you?

http://www.reflectionsfromme.com
Mummascribbles

My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows

Comments

  1. Ahh, I must admit I wore my maternity skinny jeans for quite a while after giving birth just because for 1) no one could tell! and 2) they were really comfy and made me feel confident in my 'new' body! I don't think theres anything wrong with doing what is right for you :)

    #mummyandus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've definitely got a point there. I'm not sure my sister realised.

      Delete
  2. After having anew baby the last thing on our mind is fashion, well on my mind anyway. All I could think about was how to comfort my baby, feed my baby and get some sleep! Confidence comes from feeling good about ourselves, so feel good in whatever you choose to wear! Thanks for linking up #mummyandus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true for me too. Here, here I'm with you on that sentiment.

      Delete
  3. I wore my maternity tops for ages....until my boobs shrivelled away to nothing and they didn't fit anymore. Why not? They were the first new clothes I'd had in a while :-)
    I am having my first winter in years of living in a tropical climate so I shall be loving the tights, long sleeves and jackets. I've also got my eye on one of those winter onesies!

    Thanks so much for linking up to #fartglitter xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now they sound really warm and cosy. It sounds like we may be in for a long cold winter so getting one of those may be worth it.

      Delete
  4. It was quite a while after I had my twins before I got rid of my maternity wear. Your body changes. I think we should wear what we feel comfortable and happy in, it doesn't matter if the label says maternity or not. Though I must admit I did feel very refreshed when I changed my wardrobe to be more 'me' once my size had settled down.
    Thanks for sharing #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but know there are some out there who love their labels.

      Delete
  5. As long as you're comfortable, the clothes fit you well and you look good, who cares what's on the label! It's a lovely dress. #mummy&us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I live in comfortable clothes - can't be dealing with heels lol and love my maternity stuff. You are so right about labels.

      Delete

Post a Comment