Exploring Eastbury

Exploring Eastbury 

We were out exploring the Downs over the weekend which is home to many a race course. In fact hoof prints and race tracks were noticeable on our route.

We’d been planning to do the Eastbury walk ever since we did another series of geocaches nearby. Today with my hubby off work we decided this would be the day we’d tackle the 28 caches that were hidden by the side of a road and in countryside.

Explorers in Eastbury

The trail didn't disappoint but what we hadn't banked upon was the weather! Hubby said he’d checked the weather and it seemed ok to be walking in but a few finds in and it appeared we were walking into the path of some rain clouds! “Don’t worry it will soon pass” he said but the drizzle continued throughout the trip on and off.

Thankfully nobody got completely soaked, but I was concerned for my husband as I’d forgotten my rain coat and he let me borrow his. He is rather petite so I was surprised that it fit me and the bump. The hood was also a blessing as I tend to suffer from the cold wind biting at my ears.

Geocache in Eastbury

All the caches were easy to locate and lay about 170 metres apart from one another. We also came across some trackables while we were out. For those unfamiliar with caching these come in the form of decorated coins and there are others which feature an item attached to a dog tag. These all have individual codes that can be used to track them as they travel from one cache to another throughout the world.



Of course the highlight of the trip was all being together and breathing in the countryside air. It’s great to be outside and walking through nature it seems to refresh the mind and soul don’t you think?


Life Unexpected


Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Comments

  1. We still haven't done Geocaching, keep think we must start doing it with the kids as were out all the time with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must try it out. Cachers are lovely and friendly. Fun for all can be had.

      Delete
  2. What a delightful husband you have to lend you his raincoat like that a real gentleman. 28 caches sounds like quite a challenge to me and I love the idea of the trackables. My kids have done cheered Cashing with scouts but we've yet to try it as a family. It always sounds a perfect way to enjoy a country walk. Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my hubby likes to say 'it's walking with a purpose'. It's fun and a healthy hobby.

      Delete
  3. I love geocaching. 28 caches! Wow that's impressive. I did a trail of about 10 once and that was a big enough hike for me, but they were all spread out quite far. It's great that you go out whatever the weather. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatevertheweather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our numbers, but the most important thing is to get out there and have fun.

      Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I love geocaching! We haven't done it with the kids, but was hoping to get round to it very soon, it's so fun and addictive! So kind of your husband to give you his coat too, but shame about the weather. Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you really should do it with the kids. I am sure they'd love it.

      Delete

Post a Comment