WotW: Wellbeing


This week I feel like the word 'wellbeing' sums up what has been dominantly playing on my mind.

The family have been in to hospital again where the vampires (sorry hospital staff) took my blood again. They have noticed that my iron levels are dropping and this may lead to me having to take iron tablets as well as the other drugs I'm currently on. I don’t really want to be having to take all these things so if they do ask whether they can put me on them I may ask whether there’s an alternative eg. up my meat eating etc. My blood pressure is also very low which I can only see as a good thing at present as when I had my daughter it was high.

As I mentioned in the last wotw my daughter has been rejecting her milk feed by being sick. As a result we have decided to give her just water and food which she has been able to keep down. We've considered giving her cow’s milk but last time we gave her a cup full she threw that back up too. To add to this my research into diabetes has led me to realise that even milk has sugar in it so I'm in two minds as to whether to give it to her or not. I could try putting it into her foods such as potatoes but so far we've refrained from doing so. To add to this she’s been whining none stop that she is forever hungry, lying down on the floor and waking during the night. I phoned the health visitor who told me to try her again on her milk feed every two days and see what happens. 

I hope you are all well. What did you get up to this week?


The Reading Residence




Comments

  1. A trying week, by the sounds of it. I hope it all settles down next week. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the week for you all. It's so frustrating having to play around with diets to get everything as it should be, but sounds like you're well on the way. Hope next week's better, thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having confidence in me.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! It sounds like a bit of a rough week.
    I hope you get your daughters food issues sorted soon. How worrying x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit but we've tried again this weekend with the milk feed and so far it's going well.

      Delete
  4. Hi Helena, fingers crossed you can up your iron through your diet, but sometimes you can't. My iron was terribly low when I was pregnant and I had to take some nasty stuff to bring it up to a safe level.

    I hope your little girl picks up again and manages to keep her milk down, as that must be a tiring worry that you don't need right now.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I'm sorry you had to do that. I hope I don't have to take anything nasty.

      She's started bottle feeds again and so far kept them down so it's really promising.

      Delete
  5. I hope that all is well. All good thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment