Surprising Dad with The Book of Dad

This year has seen my family in hospital several times this year. First the eldest trapped her finger in the kitchen door, my sister and I had babies and my father was hospitalised after sawing off his fingers while out chopping wood! Hopefully there won’t be any more accidents this year or future years come to that matter.

My Book of Dad

As you can imagine my Father has been feeling rather down about losing his fingers so I thought that he could do with a pick me up. When The Book of Everyone got in contact asking me to review their wonderful Book of Dad I jumped at the chance and am so pleased I did. This was a lovely pick me up that he really liked.

A page from the book

The website enables you to build your own book asking you to choose from the pages available, you can also change some of the words that go into it and add the odd photo you own too. My favourite part of the book is the newspaper page where I got to add my own photo. I did find the book a little restrictive in parts I ended up choosing a page with a football as there’s not one with a golf ball and club. There also seems to be added pages that I didn't see on the computer.

My photo on a mock newspaper page


On the whole though my Dad and I were really happy with the book and he was pleasantly surprised to receive it in the post.

Pages from the book


With its personalised touches and fun designs. The Book of Dad is fantastic for Fathers who are often difficult to buy for. Let’s face it there’s only so many times you can buy them chocolates right?!


Disclaimer: My Dad was sent The Book of Dad in return for an honest opinion. 

Comments

  1. That's a cute idea. Hope it cheered your pops up #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea, thanks for sharing your opinion. I'll have to go check it out.
    #mg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, and I'm glad to see there is the site in UK as well. This is Grandpa sorted for Christmas. The site is easy to use and the choice is great. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dads can be particularly hard to buy for but my Dad would love this too :o)

    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw what a lovely gift! #tuesdaytreasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! These books are such a great idea. Perfect for a gift to cheer someone up :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely gift idea, especially for those 'difficult to buy for' people (like dads!). #TuesdayTreasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow that is super cool, sounds like your family has been through a lot! Sending love #mg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet!! My daughter loves those personalised books so why not Dad?! #TribalLove

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea. Such a special keepsake. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful gift, I will try to remember this come fathers day. Thanks for joining in with #TuesdayTreasures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, hopefully there won't be any more incidents. I haven't seen this type of book before. How lovely! I always think that personalised gifts just that extra something. Thank you for sharing with the #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah that's so cool! I will have to check this out, definitely something my mom would love. Looks like a beautiful book and love that you get to choose the story. Thanks so much for sharing with #GlobalBlogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment