Wandering Around Wootton With The Hobbledehoo

Just when you think you've put all thoughts of geocaching away till next year a nearby series pops up. The series consisted of 5 or 6 caches in a circular pattern and for the most part was desirable as it is tarmacked. The girls have been fighting off a little cold recently so I thought it a great idea to get in some fresh air too instead of being confined to the house.

Eldest wearing the Hobbledehoo and standing in a field

So we wrapped up warm and set off with the double buggy in the boot. We parked up at a play ground only to look round to see the girls in the back had decided it was nap time! So we set about getting the buggy out of the boot and installing our sleeping babies into it without waking them up! Sadly we didn't achieve this and they ended up waking up but they were very happy to be outside in fresh air and were enjoying the ride in their buggy until we ran out of tarmac! Ahead of us lay many fields with stiles in them it was not going to be possible to get the buggy over all of them!


Me and my children in a field

Fortunately we had decided to take the Hobbledehoo an active child’s harness with safety leash designed by parents for their active toddlers who love skiing and everyday life. This enabled us to split up so the eldest went with her Daddy and baby returned the way we’d come with me. So our walk was not the complete disaster it could have been.

Since its arrival my eldest has loved the Hobbledehoo Harness I showed her what it did sliding it over her head and buckling up the sides and adjusting it to her body until a secure fit was achieved. Then I tried to take it off her but she had decided it was to stay put and not be taken off so I reassured her that even if we take it off we can put it on her again by putting it on and taking it off a few times.  Then I stored it away out of my daughter’s reach until we needed it again.  

Eldest holding a plastic yellow frog

Since our walk I have come to the realisation that the Hobbledehoo would come in handy when taking the girls to the local toddler group. It is not very far but our house is surrounded by roads and it would have been ideal to use it with her yesterday when we went. Sadly though we’d left it in the one car we have alongside the buggy and sling after the series at the weekend and it all went with Daddy to work!

The Hobbledehoo is appropriate for children aged 1-7 years old and currently retails at £30.00

Disclosure: We were kindly given the Hobbledehoo in exchange for a post on how we use it. 

Comments

  1. I think harnesses are a great idea for kids. Its keeps them safe, but still able to wander around #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a few of these badly- I have the craziest most independent twin toddlers that you have ever seen. Thankfully things are mellowing out just a tad- but these would have been life savers about six months ago.

    #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would have been such a useful thing to have when my youngest was little, she was and still is rather active. Hope you had a fun time geocaching and hope the girls are better now #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How old is your youngest? These go up to 7 years old. We love our geocaching expeditions and this makes it easier to get out and about.

      Delete
  4. Oh well done for getting the buggy over some of the stiles, I would never have attempted it - I feel we might have missed out now X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry if my post confused you. I didn't go over any stiles with the buggy.

      Delete
  5. The Hobbledehoo sounds like a great idea! Anything that makes it easier to get out with a toddler is a good thing! #Whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little contraption! I used a leash backpack for Squishy when he was younger, but he always escaped out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly think so here. Escaping is lots of fun but stressful for their carer.

      Delete
  7. Oops, Squishy pushed the publish button for me...I was going to say, I have always wanted to go get chaching, but keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That harness looks great - more secure than the baby reins we had when the girls were smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helena, the hobbledehoo sounds perfect for allowing little ones a little freedom whilst giving Mum peace of mind. I used to have a toddler strap for my two, which attached to their wrist. A full chest harness is much more secure.

    I hope both little ones are over their colds now (love that first photo of your daughter).

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Yes having a full chest harness is reassuring.

      Delete
  10. Robert has started walking and could probably do with one of these! I need to sign up for geocaching updates or something because I never hear any news on new things! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't find out about the Hobbledehoo through geocaching updates but that's a good idea.

      Delete
  11. Great looking harness and sounds like it will be really handy for going on short trips in busy traffic near you. Yay to finding a new geocache route though I did smile at the idea of trying to move the children into the buggy without them waking, I always failed at that one too! Looks like the buggy was really not an option in that long grass, but lots of fun for playing and running around in.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in a village we don't have that much busy traffic but it is still very helpful here and in town its great too when eldest decides she wants to walk. Animals, stiles and long grass are much easier to navigate with the Hobbledehoo it's true.

      Delete
  12. Ooh I haven't heard of these but I think my daughter would love it. Definitely something to look into. Thanks for sharing with us at #familyfun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been very handy and helpful to have.

      Delete
  13. This sounds great, such a fab idea, will have to check them out. Thankyou for linking up #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used to have a harness for Joe, it was so fab I just felt like I could relax when he was wearing it as he was a runner, you needed eyes in the back of your head with him x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds perfect for my littlest! It looks so much better than some of the reins out there.

    Thanks so much for being part of #MMBC Hope you can make it next week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is. Your youngest may get just as attached to it as mine.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for linking up with #Daysoutwithatoddler. Geocaching always sounds really fun

    Cat x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The geo caching looks fun and great that you managed to finish the series despite all the stiles! Thanks for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our geocaching. The Hobbledehoo sure did help and meant she could go off with Daddy for a while.

      Delete
  18. This looks great! We have the Trunki Toddlepak one but I like this one too.

    Jodie x
    www.wiganmum.com
    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just opened again for #countrykids, cos I always pick your posts out and all that... I clearly didn't pay attention to the title of your post last time! Blogger brain! #doh

    ReplyDelete
  20. Getting out and about with two little ones can be challenging at times, and if the Hobbledehoo helps then it's certainly worth its weight in gold.
    #CountrYkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure can. The Hobbledehoo really does help unless it's left in Daddy's car!

      Delete
  21. I've never tried reins of any sort - just have to be quick with my youngest. My oldest was never a runner and would still now prefer to be in the pushchair at age 4!
    You've had a change of theme I think since I was last here?! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. All children are different. Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  22. I've never done geocaching, but I'd love to try it in the future. :) Sounds like the Hobbledehoo was helpful and made your daughter feel comforted rather than entrapped. That should make exploring that much easier in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's loads all over the world. Oh definitely. It is a hit in this house.

      Delete

Post a Comment