When Santa Visited Our Toddler Group

She stood there like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Had this man in red with a white beard really just called her name? Ushered forward she took the present from him and said ’bye- bye’ before abandoning her present and going in search of food and toddler group toys.

The Childrens Musical Toys

This was the scene on Tuesday and the little girl before me was my eldest daughter. My youngest on the other hand had been busy unwrapping her present from Santa on my knee and admiring her toy. She received a little dragonfly in plastic which lights up and plays a few tunes. She really likes it and her sister has also taken to it suggesting that her musical teapot may make a great swap! I noticed that the other girls my eldest's age got dolls but both of us love her tea set.

I'm not sure why I'm not so keen on dolls for my daughter just yet. I myself had a doll and played with Sindy and Barbie when I was little. My daughter was very happy to play with some dolls on our holiday in France too. It was like Christmas had arrived early when we walked into the room where we were to stay and there were dolls and wooden accessories in pink to play with. Maybe we've just yet to come across the one for her. As a child there was only one big doll I took to and it didn't wee or poop. It had a soft tummy, plastic limbs and eye lids that opened and shut. I named that doll Carol and would have loved to have passed her on to my girls.
Thomas and Percy

So while we may search for the perfect doll and lovely wooden accessories to go with her. I’ll enjoy watching her play with her other toys which also include Thomas and Percy. For now the verdict is still out as to whether she’ll be a girly girl or tomboy but all I wish is she remains her happy, caring, thoughtful wonderful little self.

Did you have a childhood favourite toy?



Comments

  1. I always wanted Barbies & Cindy's and never got them! I was gutted. I loved my Big Yellow Teapot, do you remember that? #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to read that. Yes I love the big yellow teapot and there's one at the toddler group.

      Delete
  2. I think any child loves a toy train, so much fun! I still have a freaky doll that use to be my mum's. My girls won't go near it though, haha! x #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear. I do agree with the toy train great for boys and girls.

      Delete
  3. Santa visited our toddler group this week too! My 2yo was very happy to wave at him from a distance, but did NOT want to go and talk to him.

    My favourite toy growing up was a pink, fluffy teddy bear. He's very worn now, but my girls still play with him (and yes I got a lot of stick for the fact that my PINK teddy was a boy!) #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless him.

      My sister had a pink care bear. Not sure what gender they were.

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh I can't remember what toys i obsessed over as a child. Robert loves his cars or anything with wheels. We missed our playgroup Santa because we were Ill. Such a shame. 😀 Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sorry to read you've been poorly too. Get well soon. Wheeled vehicles are great.

      Delete
  5. How lovely that Santa visited your toddler group and I love the dragonfly and the teapot - lovely gifts. My favourite toy as a child was my rag doll who was called Susie. I still have her - she lives on the bed in the spare room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought my 16 month old daughter my favourite childhood toy - a gloworm. It's changed a lot since I had mine but in essence its the same. She loves it to keep her company in the car, especially when travelling in the evening. #tribalchat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a gloworm I think I remember them. Will have to look into these.

      Delete
  7. Oh my daughter has dolls...and cars and trains. I have brought her a garage for Christmas. As long as they're happy and like what they have to play with then be it a doll spaceship or toy kitchen I don't mind. We got books from our playgroup santa so it was pretty win win all round! Have a lovely Christmas and thanks for joining us at #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here I totally agree that they should be happy. Happy Christmas.

      Delete

Post a Comment