Review: ‘Baby and Lion Dog: The search for the missing nose’

My eldest daughter loves animals and one of her favourites is my parents’ dog. You can see from the photo below that they like each other but respect each other’s space.

Eldest sat with parents dog on a wooden bench in the garden

So when I was given the chance to review Baby and Lion Dog: The search for the missing nose’ by Elizabeth Forbes I thought she’d love it.

Straight away our imagination is called upon to take flight as the dog and baby can talk to one another. The dog can read too and is very knowledgeable about the world they live in. Both babies and dogs are perceptive to other people and their feelings in real life and this is something that also comes through in the book. In this story it is the clown that needs their help as he has lost his nose. Can the nose be found in time for the clown to do his act?

Inside the book

I loved the rhyming that took place when they first began searching for the nose and the short sentence structure will help confident young readers read the book to their parents or carers. My little ones are a little too young to read it to me presently but the eldest has certainly loved looking at the pictures. 

Eldest sat on sofa looking at the pages of the book

The book Baby and Lion Dog: The search for the missing nose’ is available for sale on Amazon in hardback and is currently retailing at £2.99.


Disclaimer: We were sent this product in return for an honest opinion.

Laura's Lovely BlogMy Petit CanardRead With MeOne Messy MamaRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. It's so nice to see children enjoying books isn't it. The first photo is just too cute!

    #BigPinkLink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. I used to read myself to sleep so I'd love the girls to be as passionate as me.

      Delete
  2. I think I used the wrong hashtag. Sorry!! #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of this one before and what a great price for a book too. Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a very cute book for little ones - and a very good price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! What a lovely book. It looks like she has been really enjoying it x
    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves her books for sure. Her words are very few at present but 'book' is one of them.

      Delete
  6. Ah that looks so lovely. My son is nearly 3 and now toddles off to find himself a book if he wakes too early. Kids and reading is something so magical. #triedandtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. We usually get woken up by the eldest appearing in our room with the bottle of milk from the fridge here.

      Delete
  7. I got very distracted by that super cute first pic! I wonder if some children might find it scary because of the clown character. Like the idea though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. That's such an interesting point.

      Delete
  8. Aw this sounds like a lovely book and I like that it's in hardback. I love the idea of the dog and the baby being able to talk to each other. I always do think that animals have a special bond and understanding of our little people. Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure makes for an imaginative read. Yes they do.

      Delete
  9. This looks like a sweet book, thanks for sharing :) #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds delightful! My son would absolutely love it. He is obsessed with dogs.. Thank you for sharing! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book looks so sweet and your little one reading it is just adorable! I am sure I am not very original here, right? I love the illustrations in book and the pic with your parent's dog is magic! Love Westies! My mum has exactly the same! Thanks for joining #globalblogging. I hope you will join again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely book and a good price too :)
    #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not heard of this one before, but does look interesting! Love the photos too - so cute! #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love rhyming books I think they're great to read and really fun for the children too. Thank you for linking up to #kltr and sorry I am so late with my comment this month

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment