Review: Quack and Field books Trampolining and Swimming

Over Christmas we were sent the first two lovely Quack and Field books Trampolining and Swimming written and created by Rob Foster. Despite the books being aimed primarily at the age of 3 to 7 my eldest daughter was instantly drawn to Jon Wotton’s lovely illustrations. Quack especially caught her eye leading to her announcing that she knew they were a ‘duck’. She listened intently to the stories Quack appeared in and I must admit that I too got carried away by the lovely characters and the amusing things that happened to them.

Quack and Field Books

The characters are introduced through lovely fact file form before launching into how they perform during the events. The stories teach our little ones that it’s not just the winning but the taking part in sports that count. I thought this was a lovely way in which to encourage little ones to take part in sport. Time will tell whether my children will be keen to take up sport when they are older but I'm sure these books act as a basis in which to get them thinking about it.

Page from Quack and Field Swimming

Why not put these books to the test yourself? The books are available for sale from Rob Foster’s website here and as an introductory offer cost £2.50 each or both for £4.00 and £1.50 p&p.(Normal price £6.99)

Do your little ones love sport?



Disclaimer: We were sent the first two lovely Quack and Field books Trampolining and Swimming in return for an honest opinion.


Laura's Lovely BlogMy Petit CanardRead With MeOne Messy MamaRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. These look like a great way to get children looking more at sports and physical activity! Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful books. My girls would have adored these when they were little #MMBC x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loves the ideas of these books! I might look them up #marvmondays from Rainbowsaretoobeautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do. My eldest is definitely keen on reading all about Duck and his friends.

      Delete
  4. They look very sweet and fun. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking part is what matters whatever the results - that is what life is like anyway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, my grandson could do with a book reinforcing the "it's not the winning but the taking part" lesson. Will have to look into this book.
    #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is 8 and loved these books, she wants the rest of the series lol #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. The illustrations and story are lovely.

      Delete
  8. Aww! These books look lovely for little one's. #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eldest loves them and is especially drawn to duck

      Delete
  9. I do love the idea of this book & its message. I think it's great for children to have a positive attitude towards sport and getting active & understand it's the taking part that counts!
    Lovely set of books. Nice review
    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Not everyone likes the same sport either but I'm sure there's one out there for every one right?

      Delete
  10. They sound really good! I can't think of many books for little ones that introduce the concept of sport to children. My niece is starting school in September, so these would be good for her to familiarise herself with sport.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sound fab! What a clever idea. Thanks for joining in with #globalblogging this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Great way to introduce a new experience! Love the illustrations! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look like lovely little reads and what a bargain price too! Thank you for linking up to the #DreamTeam - we love hearing about new books xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of these books! I do like anything that teaches valuable lessons too #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are wonderful. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  15. These look like really great books. I love that there about activities that our kids might take part in. I love a good relatable children's book. Thanks for linking up to #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them here. Eldest has really taken to the illustration of duck. Of course whether she'll be interested in sport or not is a waiting game.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely idea to encourage children to get into sport and have fun. Thank you for linking up to #kltr and sorry I am so late with my comment this month

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment