Poetry, Pinterest and Practicing Self Care #LittleLoves

This week you’d be forgiven for thinking that I stayed in bed all week and didn't come out except to attend the needs of the babies particularly as hubby has been on holiday. While this would possibly of been the best thing for me I get so bored resting among the sheets that I've felt motivated to get up and do things. 


So dosed up on antibiotics that the doctor gave me on Monday (to take three times a day) I have been motivated to help hubby with things around the house and even ventured out and about. Crazy probably but I’d rather get up and do things than go mad with cabin fever. The weather has certainly helped had it been rain showers I'm sure we would have stayed in snuggled under a big blanket and watched even more tv.



Twiggy the Stick

I've been active online linking up with the usual linkys and read some great posts including this one from the delightful author (Dawn) of Rhyming with Wine's To Twiggy ........The Stick post. I can just imagine being a little one and running through the forest with a stick in hand can't you? Her poems never fail to put a smile on my face and I love her work as much as that of Julia Donaldson and Nick Park. Talking of which I recently treated my eldest to the books The Singing Mermaid and The Scarecrows Wedding eldest has been introduced to Timmy Time too. 



Of course blogging is not all about reading and writing posts right? There’s also a fair amount to be learnt on social media platforms and then there’s Pinterest. I've been taking a break from putting my energy into Twitter and have been working on Pinterest working through Jen Stanbrook’s five day course. It has been rather enjoyable and has led me to tidy up a few posts here and there to make them more beneficial for readers. 







There have been so many things hearing wise this week from the little ones chirping too hubby asking me questions despite the need for me to really rest my voice. You really don’t realise how much you use it and rely on it to get through until you've lost it or most of it! I wonder how people who can’t speak really do get on in society - it must be very difficult for them. One thing I was surprised about with was when I popped into the surgery on the Monday morning they told me they were running triage and were telling me to go home and wait for a phone call from the doctor who called me back into the surgery later that day. I had to give the phone to my husband as I was really struggling to talk! Ok so it’s difficult to call going to the doctors a little love but we do need to be our own cheerleaders right and practice selfcare.


Our Windsock at work in the garden

Of course you all know by now how much I enjoy creating things and this is in grained in myself care practices. This week we chose to create a windsock for the garden inspired by reading one of the recent editions of a baby magazine. In fact they have a whole section in this month’s issue that it is very tempting to try out some of the other suggestions they have featured but we will see.







Of course another of myself care practices is to put on comfortable clothing. So yes you've guessed it I've taken to pulling on my comfy socks, leggings, dresses and jumpers. I also love my little black boots that I got in TK Maxx. 






My Mammut Collection

A trip to Henley resulted in the girls having an art table and chairs for £15. These are Mammut and originally came from Ikea. I also picked up those Julia Donaldson books there too.

How has your week been?


Coffee Work Sleep RepeatTwin Mummy and DaddyMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceFrugal FamilyKCACOLS

Comments

  1. I do think the weather has helped this week, glad you've managed to get up and out a bit. Love those chairs and table, very sweet. Hope you're better soon x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! That is great you are feeling motivated even when you are poorly. I hope you feel better soon!
    That table and chair set it gorgeous! What a great find x
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you felt motivated, I'm not one for resting either, even when I'm ill. I love your little table and chairs and your windsock is great too.
    #WOTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh it looks lovely table to get creative at. Jen is great at Pinterst. It never really likes me and my content on my site sadly but I have taken all I can learn to get it going a little bit more than it had been. I have been working on twitter and facebook lately but think I need to go back to Pinterest again. lol Hope you are having a great weekend. #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a look at your Pinterest profile and you've got nearly three thousand followers.

      Delete
  5. My girls love Julia Donaldson good buy there Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the boys used to have Ikea crafting table and chairs, they would break them if they sat on them now ha ha, I cant believe ho poorly you have been it has really dragged on I hope it clears up soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our children don't stay little do they. It's made me really fed up so I've thrown myself into things I enjoy. No idea where it came from and why it's only impacted on me.

      Delete
  7. Love the windsock! I'm always on pinterest looking for kids craft ideas. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your art table and chairs and what a bargain!
    Sorry to hear you're on Antibiotics but it's a good job they didn't hamper you spending time with hubby...although you do need to look after yourself too, whilst your on ABs.
    But good to read you're motivated. Love the wind sock!
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been on the look out for a little while for one so I was excited when I saw this. Had to then find hubby really quickly before someone else snapped it up. Getting better slowly but surely.

      Delete
  9. I love that table and chairs set - such lovely colours! Hope you are feeling better this week - being told to have a phone call with the doctor sounds quite daft given you'd lost your voice! I enjoy Rhyming with Wine's blog too - her poems are fab :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the doctor, hubby and myself thought that too. I ended up giving the phone to hubby to explain.

      Delete
  10. Love the windsock! My girls love crafting, I should really do more of this kind of thing with them. I've done the Pinterest Challenge too! I need to catch up on the last couple of days though.. oops! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've been busy despite being poorly! The table and chairs look great and such a bargain! Also loving your Windsock! This week I've been mostly helping out with my daughter's charity pre-school. Organising fundraising events like a Bingo Night which was great fun and helping out with the kids. Get well soon! #KCACOLS x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little table and chairs, so cute!
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon. My son always thinks I can't hear him when I can't speak!

    Thanks for linking with #KCACOLS and we hope to have a healthy you linking again on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the table and chairs!! How cute are they? Hope you feel better soon.

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment