Review: My First Encyclopedia of How?

With every breath and movement it’s true that our children don’t stay still and are ever evolving. Our children are forever exploring the world like a playground and questioning what things are for, why certain things are the way they are and how things work.

Louis Armstrong Quote


As a family we often explore the great outdoors and marvel in its beauty. A place is brought to life by a wooden carving in a tree and in the imagination of a child benches become far more than a place to sit and more like a great game of walk the plank being careful not to fall off into the crocodile’s lair. As you can see these places hold questions such as what is this for? In the minds of our little ones and no doubt soon a simple trip to the countryside could lead to a whole host of questions such as ‘How do wonders of nature happen?’, ‘How do animals move?’ and ‘How do plants grow?’.

My First Encyclopedia of How Plants

Of course it’s not just the great outdoors that lead to our little ones asking questions. Our bodies, the towns we visit, the past and even everyday life can all lead to our children having questions as they become increasingly aware of their surroundings.


Of course being their parents/guardians we are often the ones that are confronted by their questions but do we always have the answers? That’s where Moonlight Publishing’s My First Encyclopedia of How? comes in as it answers many of the above questions and many more. In fact over 150 questions are answered in this hard back, spiral bound compendium and there’s even a fun little quiz at the back of the book to test how much you've learnt. This book is aimed at 4-8 year olds making this a book that I am aiming to store away till my littlies are older but it’s a great feeling being prepared for what’s to come.

Disclosure: We were kindly given the book  My First Encyclopedia of How? in exchange for a review.  All words and 
pictures included in this post are my own. 

Laura's Lovely BlogMy Petit CanardRead With MeOne Messy MamaReflections From MeCuddle FairyMummy Times TwoRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. Love this. My little ones latest question was 'How does it rain?' #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks and sounds fantastic! What a brilliant book to answer those questions our little ones ask! This would make a fab gift, too! Thanks for sharing #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love encyclopedias and it's great to have one in the house for those awkward questions! This looks and sounds a great resource for parents as well as children!

    #ReadWithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful book for 4-8 year olds you got there, Helena. I used to do the same...would pick up books for my toddler way to keep things ready for the time when he would come with his endless queries. It worked really well, so that when the time came I had everything handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kids curiosity they have such huge imaginations. I like the idea of this book of answers. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant book, I really could have done with this when Miss.L was little, she was forever, and still is asking questions #MMBC x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely idea as it not only teaches children facts etc, but how to use books to find them. (Not everything can be Googled!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like it could be a fantastic resource for both parents and children, thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an adorable little book and something I'm sure my little one would appreciate when he is older #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so lovely. Noted for the future as my two are toddlers still! Thanks for the review. Kate x #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great. I love the questions they come out with at this age but sometimes I'm really stumped for an answer and we have to consult google. A book like this would be a great solution x
    #CandidCuddles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your review on #triedtested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids would love this book! My 5 year old is full of nothing but questions right now. And she's learning to read, so that would make it fun for her!
    ~Jess
    #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fabulous! Is it terrible that I would quite this book, never mind my child :) #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that I could probably do with this! I'm dreading it when I start getting awkward questions from my son! #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Helena, it sounds like the perfect book for inquiring minds. They don't happen to do a Why? version too? That could be a blessing too.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That song really does evoke that childlike wonder doesn't it? Thanks for joining #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had that kind of encyclopedia when I was a kid and definitely I will buy one for my son:) thanks for sharing with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love encyclopaedia's. This one looks lovely and I love anything that develops an enquiring mind! #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great idea, children have such curious minds and we need all we can to encourage and foster a love for that to continue #mg

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fab resource for kids. My 6 year old would love this to feed his curiosity!

    Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC. Hope you had a lovely weekend? See you Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a lovely book. You are so right, children often have so many questions to ask. Thank you for linking this up to #PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like the perfect book to answer all sorts of questions and just for curious browsing . It's great to have an encyclopedia in proper book form. #CandidCuddles

    ReplyDelete
  24. :-O what?! Are you telling me there is a book for the whys? I need this book! *Looks around for purse. How clever is this, and I love your review too. Thank you so much for sharing with the #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous book! I'm a sucker for "how to" books for kids! Thanks for sharing #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that quote. I always loved reading books on facts as a child and I particularly loved children's encyclopedia's so this is something I'd love. Thanks for linking up to #KLTR and apologies for my delay in visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful book, my son would love it he's always asking me questions about things. Thanks for linking up to #kltr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment