What are your go to remedies for self care?

This morning I still don't feel well so I thought I'd I'd share my recent post from Meet Other Mums on my blog today. I do hope you like it. I'm now off to the doctors with possible Laryngitis!
Yellow Daffodils in my garden

We all have those days, those I’d-rather-stay-in-bed-than-face-the-day days. However, when you have kids you have no choice but to face every day.  So how can you make those days that little easier to face? Perhaps putting together a self care hamper that’s unique to you may be the answer.
For me facing the day is made a little easier by surrounding myself with my favourite things. After a lovely shower to refresh me and waken me up a little I love to put on comfortable clothing. Gone are those days of rings round my legs as the socks cut off the circulation in my legs leaving rings round them and in their place are some honey comb socks and fluffy ones. I also like to wear skinny super stretch jeans and cosy tops. Looking good often leads to feeling good right?

Art Therapy Magazine

When I went into hospital I surrounded myself with my favourite magazines and colouring books. Yes there’s the television and it’s possible to take in your own technology to watch your favourites. Someone I shared the room with had a passion for Only Fools and Horses so the theme tune has been well and truly ingrained in me now. However, I opted for a full on break in technology and if I felt like doing some writing I always had pens and paper at the ready.
Crafting Materials

Another way I find that gives me a pick me up is to make something. Whether there’s a birthday coming up, other celebration or not. Getting my craft on so to speak helps lift my mood and there’s always something to learn. One of the trips I took to France to see family and friends saw me take with me a portable creative travel kit. One friend couldn't believe her eyes when she saw me start creating something from it and was so impressed by it that she thought she’d create her own when she got back home.
Ok so these last two things can’t be packed in a hamper but you just can’t beat them right? They are walks in the fresh air and having baby snuggles. What are your go to remedies for self care?



My Petit CanardOne Messy MamaReflections From MeMummy Times TwoRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon.
    A good book and lemon infused water is also a great pick-me-up.
    #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a crafter, but a DIY little craft kit for travelling is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to surround yourself with favourite things! I read a lot after my operation and my best friend sent a care package including a colouring book. Get well soon. ##MG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are still not well, I hope it clears up soon xx I tend to go for the duvet on the sofa, with a movie or a book. When I was in hospital it was colouring books that kept me going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!
    What lovely ideas...I like to stay in my pj's, eat chocolate and watch rubbish TV.
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww hope youre feeling better lovely. I definitely agree that doing and surrounding yourself with home comforts and the things you love and enjoy are the best type of self care you can give yourself. Being comfy, walks and baby snuggles are some of my faves too :-) Lovely post, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so important to look after yourself. I always make sure I start the day with a large cup of tea as a minimum and have little treats throughout the day to myself. A page in a colouring book, taking a photo or putting on nice hand cream. xxx #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. Surrounding yourself with home comforts always helps. I always listen to happy music when things are getting me down #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little craft project always brighten my days. I love making. & I love feeling good after I accomplished it. :) x #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh I really hope you're better by the time you read my comment, sending positive wishes your way. We really do have to take care of ourselves and I agree surrounding ourselves with things that make us feel comfy and relaxed are the best. When my daughter is down I always get her doing mindful colouring or some drawing as these really help her. I love cosy things like pillows and blankest when I am sick, lots of pretty ones. #mg

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not nice to feel ill and have littles to look after. I hope you get well soon. For me, my favorite thing when I am ill, is to have some of my moms homemade chicken soup, a hot bath and a good book. Thank you for sharing with us, even though you are feeling ill.. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me it's taking some time to do something (or nothing) just for me. Or a bit of retail therapy! Hope you are feeling better! #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helena, we all have those times when we need to do something that makes us feel good. I thin your travel creative kit sounds like fun, and why not? When I'm not feeling my best or need to step back from life, I do getting out and walking the dog with the camera slung around my neck, preferably down the beach too. Sitting listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 whilst colouring is also something I like to do, but it feels like an age since I've done that.... And how good are fluffy socks at making us feel better? I love them too.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel loads better soon. What a great idea to surround yourself with non-techie things to get up to. I agree that ditching the screen is a positive thing from time to time and little mindful activities can make all the difference. Thanks for sharing with the #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are feeling better.I spent some time in hospital last year and enjoyed completing one of the adult colouring books. I found them very relaxing.#postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment