A Leisurely Walk Around Littlestoke

On Monday we made the decision to travel south of the county to Littlestoke to see if we could locate a few geocaches hubby had worked out the coordinates to. These geocaches were placed in time for a soup event we sadly didn't make. Originally all four of us were going to head out and do the series however a phone call asking whether eldest would like to join her grandparents had us split up and go our separate ways.

A Leisurely Walk Around Littlestoke

The walk was not long at all starting at a car park and travelling up and around one of the hills. I was wearing my boots and could feel every uneven texture of the terrain under my feet a reminder to wear trainers or my proper hiking boots in the future. Hubby wore sensible footwear and despite youngest not walking at all she must have been comfortable in the carrier for she fell asleep half way round.

Due to the weather we've had some places have become a little overgrown but we were still able to locate the caches and having the clues at hand helped a lot. Once up the hill there were some lovely views of the area to be seen. We’d picked a great day so we could see for miles up there. We weren't the only ones to be seen out and about in the countryside we spotted at least three other families exploring the area. Although they seemed to be doing the walk in reverse.

A Leisurely Walk Around Littlestoke

I've said before that spring is fast becoming my favourite season with all the colours of nature bursting into life. The rape seed fields in particular are stunning and stand out amongst the green fields. While there are also dandelions, daisies and other colourful wild plants to be spotted as well as identified.

As we wound our way back to the car through the fields and country paths we came across a number of cottages which are reflective of how old the area is. I love cottages as they always seem to be full of character.

Where have you explored recently?

A Leisurely Walk Around Littlestoke



Two Tiny HandsDiary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and BeanyPlutonium Sox

Comments

  1. That sounds like a lovely walk. I've been meaning to try geocaching for quite some time! #familyfunlinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena, it sounds like a very nice geocaching route. The cottage in your photo does look very attractive. Life threw us a bit of a curve ball recently, so we haven'y been out exploring for what seems like far too long. At the end of March we did have a weekend of walking on the mainland, which was fantastic and which I do still plan to write about.

    Thank you for linking up wit the #MMBC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was short but sweet thanks. I do hope you are ok after that curve ball.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty walk and gorgeous country homes. I must try geocaching. It sounds like a lot of fun! #familytraveltips

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to spend a day with a sleepy one in a back pack!! I love it when they nod off while walking, I imagine they dream differently!! Great cache trip 😀 ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cottages are beautiful - absolutely picture perfect! I'd have definitely had to avoid the rape seed fields - nothing sets off my hayfever more! But we love spotting daisies and dandelions at the moment - they're the only flower my son is allowed to pick, so he's always so excited to find them! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a gorgeous place to explore! We have been down the woods this afternoon in search of the bluebells! We love getting outdoors! #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a brilliant day and those cottages are gorgeous! I love places like that - we are quite lucky in Suffolk to have lots of pretty little towns with old buildings. Lately we've done a few walks along the seafront, I think we need to venture into the countryside as my little boy is at the age (17 months) of just loving being allowed to walk anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a wonderful place to explore, some beautiful views and quaint little buildings you passed. It's great that you found all the caches you were looking for even if the hedges were all a little overgrown. It's a shame your oldest couldn't join you on this walk but I'm sure she had a lovely day with her grandparents.

    Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what beautiful cottages, a lovely place to walk. I've been met with resounding failure whenever I've tried geocaching. A beautiful route like this would inspire me to give it another go. Thanks so much for joining in with #FamilyTravelTips
    Nat.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Yellow fields" are my all time favourite, and returning to the UK a few weeks ago I was stunned how far on and colourful everything was. Glad you got your geocaches, it's time we headed out again #countrykidsfun

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great adventure. What a wonderful place for a walk....
    Those cottages are just gorgeous x
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love geocaching but I'm intrigued as to what a soup event is and where Little Stoke is? Looks a lovely walk, glad you found your caches! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a lovely place for a walk, very pretty cottages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww looks lovely and I love little cottages!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime and don't forget to join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring is my favourite season too, much much promise. Looks like a good days geocaching to me. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Spring- it is such a pretty season. Sounds like you had a lovely walk and always good when you can find all the geocaches along the way too. That cottage is beautiful :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment