Easy DIY Upcycle Fancy Dress Shoes

During the month of March we travelled to Henley and not only did we pick up some books, chairs and a table. I also noticed some lovely little fancy dressing up shoes for £1 each. My eldest has recently discovered my wedding shoes and been playing with them so I decided to pick up a couple of pairs from the charity shop basket and take them home. Sadly there was no dressing up dresses to go with these princess shoes but one day soon I’d like to address this problem.

Easy DIY Upcycle Fancy Dress Shoes

Of course if you don’t make sure you put things safely away then little hands get hold of things. Yes you've guessed it those little shoes were subjected to being discovered by baby and her mouth! She’s always hungry and discovering the world by her mouth but munching on feathers is not a great way to find a nutritious meal! So the shoes were then in need of a makeover.  

Easy DIY Upcycle Fancy Dress Shoes

Fortunately for my girls they have a creative mother who could see that with a little magic they could be refashioned into something to treasure. First I removed the feathered mush and set aside the jewelled part. I then removed the old glue using nail varnish and applied some all purpose glue to the little shoes. Then carefully placed ribbon over the front of them. I then cut the ribbon to size and tucked them into the gaps either side of the shoe. The jewelled piece was then glued to another piece of fancy ribbon off cut and stuck down in the middle of the shoe.

Easy DIY Upcycle Fancy Dress Shoes


So there we have it mummy’s wedding shoes are saved from the fancy dress collection and the girls have some lovely little shoes to play with. Ok so since then I may have got a bit carried away and added a couple of more pairs to their collection but ....

Easy DIY Upcycle Fancy Dress Shoes


Have you done any upcycling recently?




Coombe MillDear Bear and BeanyA Green and Rosie LifeMy Petit CanardOne Messy MamaReflections From MeCuddle FairyMummy Times TwoRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. Aww! They are just fabulous! What a great idea to upcycle them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea and much better than using your wedding shoes! I love the nail varnish tip, I've not seen this done before. These dancing shoes will see hours of imaginative play I'm sure. I hope you have success in finding some matching dresses soon.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My eldest keeps getting them out to play with but I can see baby still has ideas of eating them! Putting them away somewhere safer till eldest is 3 may be in order.

      Delete
  3. That's so clever! What a great idea to upcycle them rather than just get rid of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a few of these and this looks great. What a fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fab idea! I would love to do this and my girls would love to help take part! #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm pleased to be of inspiration.

      Delete
  6. They look fabulous. I love the bling. Don't blame you for making so many of them - they're so pretty I would've gone overboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops forgot to add - dropped by from #mg

    ReplyDelete
  8. THat's a great idea! #CandidCuddles

    ReplyDelete
  9. A girl can never have too many shoes, even if it's for playing dress ups. Great idea! #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. The twins would go gaga over these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your girls loved making these! Fab #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great! My niece will love this!
    #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh what a great idea. They look fab. My daughter would love them #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've got very loved shoes similar in much need of some tlc so thankyou for the ideas of how to go about this #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. #candidcuddles yes to shoes and yes to many pairs!!! my son likes a good shoe too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant find and a great idea to upcycle them. My youngest loves shoes and she would love these. Thank you for joining us at #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a brilliant job you did, they look like they've come from a shop! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look fab, and I don't think you can ever have too many shoes! x #CandidCuddles

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cue!! And you're right, you can never have too many shoes - but can you tell my other half that for me please?! Thanks for sharing with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are lucky girls to have a clever and crafty mum like you! I am so not crafty and my kids are, I don't know where they got their arty talents, obviously not me. They look super cute, well done for saving your wedding shoes! April is always in my heels #mg

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha ha! Fancy is the right word for those shoes, looks super cute and fairy like!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fab idea! I've never thought of upcycling childrens shoes before, but this is something that even my little one would love to get involved in. Great idea, fab post thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous! They are so pretty- I have two little girls who would love these! #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a huge fan of upcycling and we loved fancy dress in this house so a great post for us.#PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are super cute! My little girl LOVES fancy dress, so she'd go crazy for these! #MakeItLinky

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh you are so clever! This is such a fun idea! And can't believe those shoes were £1 - ha ha! Will have to try these. #MakeItLinky

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look fabulous, I would have absolutely loved these when I was a little girl, I was obsessed with fancy dress. Thanks for joining us at #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great job you've made of them. I think baby did you all a favour. (Hope she survived unhurt) Lovely to have shoes made especially for you. A proper princess. #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  29. Right - a girl can never have too many shoes! What a great job you did! I hope you enjoyed the Easter holidays! Thanks for sharing with us at #candidcuddles x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely shoes for a princess. No princesses here but we recently had to dismantle a damaged wardrobe to get it out of the gite and I have rescued the internal drawers to make into compost filled potting trays that I will balance on some tressels to save me having to bend down to ground level so much ... and some old shower doors will provide cover for cold nights.
    Thank you for linking up to the #GoingGreenLinky and the next one opens on Mon May 1st so I hope you can join in then! 💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  31. Digging for diamonds looks pretty good, as I am wanting a new one to read over the summer I will search for this on my Kindle, I love the pictures you have made for your daughter's bedroom, very inventive #thatfridaylinky @_karendennis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment