Connecting with Nature, Carboot Sales and Pinterest #LittleLoves

In a week that has seen us getting out and about this week has comfortably flown by. We've connected with nature, caught up with friends at toddler group, picked up a few more pieces for the fancy dress collection and I've been working on being visible on Pinterest.

Connecting with Nature, Carboot Sales and Pinterest #LittleLoves


Connecting with Nature, Carboot Sales and Pinterest #LittleLoves

Last weekend we headed to Westonbirt Arboretum and took on The Gruffalo Trail. I had read so many posts about it that I was inspired myself to visit with the family. We had a lovely time breathing in the air and following the exercises that led to finding the Gruffalo and would recommend anyone that loves Julia Donaldson’s work to give it a go. Along the bridge we saw many pieces of information about the trees that surrounded us including this one. 




On Sunday we stayed closer to home and headed out to a carboot sale near midday. We picked up a few things such as a little dress, shrug, painting apron, book and watering can. The weather was so lovely that the field was nearly packed with people selling things and buying from them. When I spotted that Me and B had done a video on her carboot finds I was intrigued to watch it. 




Connecting with Nature, Carboot Sales and Pinterest #LittleLoves

Following our Star Wars make that you can read about here we've not done much in the way of making. We've also been out and about a lot this week from Westonbirt to Tetbury, Witney and Cirencester taking in all the sights and having fun as it slowly warmed up over the week. We did have a little fun creating this nature collage though before eldest decided to take it all apart again.



Connecting with Nature, Carboot Sales and Pinterest #LittleLoves


As you can see from this photo taken at the Arboretum we started off the week by wearing our coats and jumpers. I've noticed that it has slowly warmed up over the week and I've ended up wearing my new jacket, a t-shirt and jeans. The girls on the other hand have worn all sorts from dresses to leggings with little tops.





I've been listening to people’s thoughts on social media and been working on Pinterest. If you follow Aby from YouBabyMeMummy you are probably aware of Wonderlass otherwise known as Allison Marshall. Here she is talking about traffic and what’s worked for her. 





Connecting with Nature, Carboot Sales and Pinterest #LittleLoves


After a week being poorly the girls are back to themselves and we ventured back to toddler group. Youngest has really taken to her knees over the last month or so darting everywhere and is keen to try out standing. The health visitor questioned why she wasn't cruising the furniture last month and I put it down to the simple fact we hadn't shown her. Now she’s cruising and trying to climb stairs! 

What have you been up to this week?


KCACOLSCoffee Work Sleep RepeatMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceTwin Mummy and Daddy

Comments

  1. Nothing better than getting outdoors is there. The Gruffalo trail looks awesome. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. The Gruffalo Trail was well put together and was good family fun.

      Delete
  2. So pleased your girls are feeling better now. And well done to your youngest, there'll be no stopping her now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Morgana. Yes I've got to have eyes in the back of my head now!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a full and lovely week. I'm glad the girls are better now x
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was and most enjoyable. Thank you x

      Delete
  4. I do love those Gruffalo trails, my kids never tire of them and the like the Stick Man trails, too. You do feel better getting out, surrounded by nature x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yet to do one of those. Will check out where our nearest is.

      Delete
  5. I loved visiting Westonbirt when we lived in that part of the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I love the nature picture you made! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think nature could/would be my word every week. I love the nature collage and I kind of like the fact she took it to bits afterwards. As a signed up tree hugger, I love Westonbirt. And so nice to be casting off coats. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can truly understand why 'nature' could easily be your word every week. We do immerse ourselves in it don't we.

      Delete
  8. It's so lovely to get outdoors and blow the cobwebs away. We love visiting our local Gruffalo trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree as long as it's not thundering or pouring with rain.

      Delete
  9. I love getting outdoors Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to work on my pinterest. I just need to find the time! #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a Gruffalo and a Room on the Broom trail near us but we've not been yet! And my son loves both books. I think I'm waiting for the nicer weather which seems to be starting luckily.
    I'd had a relaxing week with less planning and more "going with the flow" it's been lovely! Thanks for linking to #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the Room on the Broom trail is popular around Halloween right? Understandable that you wish for warmer weather.

      Delete
  12. I'd love to take my little one to a Gruffalo trail, he'd love it! I completely forgot about Wonderlass videos, I used to watch her live ones ages ago, must have a look again! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking her cookie and creative perspective on things

      Delete
  13. Looking forward to taking Snappy on a Gruffolo trail when he's older. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  14. we've got a gruffly trail near us, I've been wanting to give it a go for a while now!!
    #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a busy week, glad the girls are feeling better now #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a lovely week, productive too! I love a car boot although I'm the one at the crack of dawn, there waiting for them to open the gates, hoping to grab a real bargain! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good productive week and a bargain too

      Delete
  17. I love the dandilion picture, very creative :)
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love Gruffalo trails. As you know I'm working on pinterest too. Wonderlass seems to have escaped me so must go and investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear that the girls are feeling better. Love the nature collage and the Gruffalo trail sounds like fun. I was hoping to do one during the Easter holidays but it hadn't yet arrived at the woods nearest my sister's house so it's on the list for either half-term or the summer :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. I'm sure the girls will enjoy it when you do. x

      Delete
  20. thank you so much for embedding my video:) I didn't realise until I saw the post title and the word "Carboot" drew me in haha! there are so many fab things to find aren't there! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do you fit so much in? I admit I do a lot but everything seems to take me twice as long as everyone else. We have been to my nieces 2nd bday party today. Got little George's haircut. But I've been laid up in bed a lot of the week being cared for by mum n hubs with severe sinus infection. Still building myself back to normal. Loving what you've been up to though.

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I like to get out on his days off work. We've both been stuck indoors during the week so outdoors we go. I'm sorry to read that you are ill. Get well soon.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Feeling much better now. Yeah we try to make the most but it just means we have to slow ourselves down sometimes coz we get close to reaching burn out. #KCACOLS

      Delete

Post a Comment