How to Make Your Own Star Wars Bunting

Ok so I may be a little late to the May 4th be with you celebrations with this Star Wars inspired bunting. However, it was made on that very day as that’s when hubby turned a year older. He loves the films so much that in the past I have bought him things inspired by the film including a jumper and mug. This time I thought that I’d surprise him when he returned home from work with this little creation.

How to Make Your Own Star Wars Bunting

Initially I thought my eldest would help me with this make for her Daddy but alas despite her initial intrigue and attempt to draw around the cutter and plate. Her attention wandered and she was lured in by the television. Just in time for cutting out the shapes a task that at two is difficult to do. 

How to Make Your Own Star Wars Bunting

I then selected some gold and silver paint from the cupboard and set about painting the stars. Once they were all panted I decided to set them to dry in the sun. They dried really quickly and so it was soon on to the last stage of the make. 

How to Make Your Own Star Wars Bunting

My eldest appeared by my side once again for the final push to get the bunting done. We arranged the stars in the order in which we wanted them to be stuck to the string then grabbed the sellotape. I soon learnt that toddlers need guidance in how to stick sellotape in the right place and you need to be well prepared and have lots of strips of sellotape cut out for toddlers have little attention spans and they aim to get a project done quickly. If you are too slow your toddler boss will wander off and leave you to it. I don’t mind doing projects alone but it’s far more fun when you’re working together.

How to Make Your Own Star Wars Bunting

What do you think of the Star Wars bunting we created? Do you have a Star Wars enthusiast in your family? As always I’d love to read your comments so do drop me a line or two below.

Happy Crafting x

Coombe MillTwo Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Diary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and BeanyMum Muddling Through


Comments

  1. Ah my brother is a fan so this would be right up his street! #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the looks fab! What a great idea to draw round the cutters too. Thank you for sharing #FamilyFun 🌟

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! So simple but effective :) Star Wars is VERY popular in out house and that's just the adults! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so it's Star Wars bunting all round hey? x

      Delete
  4. This looks great! It would be perfect for a star wars themed birthday party. #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a small boy who'll love this so I've pinned it for later! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! A must make for all Star Wars lovers. Such a lovely and simple idea. Thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! This is awesome! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, so clever and simple X #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this looks fab, I love bunting! #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bunting is such a fun and original idea, I'm sure there are loads of Star Wars fans who would love it. My toddler is 'helpful' too when it comes to crafts! #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helena, I remember doing crafty stuff with my children when they were younger and they often lost interest. It then occurred to me that not all children like to get crafting. My two were happy playing in the dirt and having adventures in the sand dunes not sat at a table, which sort of suited me fine.

    I hope your husband enjoyed his bunting and his birthday.

    Thank you for linking up with the#MMBC.

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure she entirely lost interest but she was limited in her abilities of what she could do. It's true that children are all different. x

      Delete
  12. Hahahah - how who doesn't need star wars bunting in their life right?! Love this :) #LittleMakes

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful - I can see them being a hit in houses all over the country! My son is the same - he has limited patience for crafting, although loves the idea initially, and starts going off leaving me to finish it off! I don't mind too much though - it's definitely quicker and neater that way! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think toddlers have short attention spans bless them.

      Delete
  14. My almost 3 year old is absolutely Star Wars mad so he would absolutely love this in his room! Thanks for sharing it. #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look fab and perfect for any star wars fan. My youngest daughter doesn't stick around for the end of the craft, but I guess she is only 2! Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mine are 2 and 11 months. So one starts well while the other is on a see food eat it mission.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely simple idea. Love your Star Wars bunting :-) #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely idea, the paint is very effective. It made me smile that your toddler started with you and then finished to see the final result but left you doing the boring bits on your own. I guess that's life as a parent!

    Thank you for sharing with me on #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh great - I know a nephew who would love this!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime Please join us next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh you ca't beat a bit of bunting to liven the place up! We made some for my daughter's birthday in January and it's still up! Haha. I hope your hubby was impressed with the StarWars theme :) #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  20. As far as I am concerned, Star Wars is good for any time! I love this, what a great idea. #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! My husband would absolute go mad for this! #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable! My husband would absolute go mad for this! #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute and very simple to do! #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment