My Up-cycled Baby Food Jars

When it comes to crafting it helps when all your things are organised and easily accessible right? I've touched on how I've organised the colourful craft box for the girls and now I’d like to share with you my up-cycled jars I've recently re-purposed for storing all my buttons and beads so they can be seen and located easily. 

If you've read my post on my rings then you’ll know what a scatter brain I am at times or perhaps it’s down to baby brain? Whatever the reason my memory as to the location of things can be tested and I'm all for making life that little bit easier so we can get on with the good fun stuff i.e. crafting. One of the ways that we can make things easier on ourselves is by storing like with like and having see through storage.

My Up-cycled Baby Food Jars

Now I've made a conscious effort to keep the babies off shop bought meals and actively encouraged eating together. My hubby does the cooking in this house and no meal is complete without vegetables. This has easily led to our babies being able to join in meal times with only a handful of jars and pouches being invited to dinner.

DIY Animal Lids

We usually use jars in this house for the disposal of fat that comes from cooking up our own meals from raw ingredients. However, there are a million and one different uses for the jar such as drink vessels and for holding little tea light candles. I thought these baby food jars would be suitable for storing little craft items in and I’d have a little fun by adding plastic animal figurines to the top of the lids. 


DIY Animal Lids


To make this simple and easy craft you will need jars, paint, glue and plastic figures. Start by washing out the jars so they have no remnants of baby food left over, leave to dry and then add paint to the lids. There are a whole range of paints out there so pick the one that is suited to your needs. Once the paint has dried, pick up the plastic figure and apply some glue to the feet and set in place. Alternatively add fake grass to the lid before setting your figure to the lid. You could also paint the figure too if you wished.

DIY Animal Lids


Have you done any upcycling recently?

Coombe MillDear Bear and BeanyA Green and Rosie LifeMy Petit CanardReflections From MeRhyming with WineNaptime NatterCuddle Fairy

Comments

  1. Yes I up-cycled a glass honey jar with jute and filled it with shells. I love your lids - very cute. They'd make a fine gift too. #Going Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I like the sound of putting shells in a glass honey jar with jute.

      Delete
  2. These are so original I love them and will definitely give the baby jars storage a go#goinggreen @_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a super idea! I never would have thought to do it (; Looks really kitsch! #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I love a bit of upcycling too :) #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so clever! I up-cycle jam jars where I can, but didn't do much with the baby food jars. Those look really great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back again from #DreamTeam

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Jam jars are great too. It really depends on what you wish to fill them with.

      Delete
  6. These are cute and look so easy to make! #craftcorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't time myself but they are easy and fun to do.

      Delete
  7. I literally LOVE these! We don't have many jars in this house either, but I always loathe throwing away the ones we do have! I'm definitely doing this sometime this week! #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah great to have inspired you. What will you put in yours?

      Delete
  8. Love this, tins and jars are great for upcycling. Infact you have reminded me I have still to blog my craft storage containers, which are also upcycled from throw away containers. The addition of the plastic figures on the top is great for marking them out as kids craft storage.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you like them. I look forward to reading your post on the storage containers.

      Delete
  9. Those are just darling! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All our Crimbo gifts this year will be created using a whole array of jars! Useful, looks pretty and recycled! Bingo! #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a bit early to think about Christmas?

      Delete
  11. what a cute idea! I am so hopeless with craft I would never have thought of this, but wow I love it! #mg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow these look amazing and a fantastic idea! Super cute #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! I love your idea for the fake grass too. I think jars are my favourite thing to upcycle - they make the ideal storage containers for all sorts of bits and bobs. #craftycorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fake grass was a bit of an after thought. We don't have any fake grass in the house. Jars certainly do provide great storage vessels.

      Delete
  14. What a fab idea! I've actually been looking for some craft jars like this in the shops for the little ones arts and craft stash, but it didnt occur to me that I could just as easily make some. I may have to give these a go, I'd better start collecting those jars :-) Great post, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree with you that it's not always easy to find the perfect thing you have envisioned.

      Delete
  15. What a fab way to reuse something and practical, always a win X #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are fantastic! What a great idea x #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great idea. I love things to have their own little place - it makes it all so much easier when you can see what you have before you begin (as the A.A.Milne quote puts beautifully!). We're out of the baby jar stage now, but when we occasionally (a lot!) have takeaways, we always save the tubs and reuse them. #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We don't have many takeaways as a family but great to read that the tubs are reusable.

      Delete
  18. This is so easy an quick way to upcycle the old jars. I will try this with superhero figures for my SOn. #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea. I'm a hoarder of jars & plastic containers but I never end up using them.
    #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This DIY is easy to do, great fun and good for the environment

      Delete
  20. A lovely idea for the few jars of baby food you collected. Small glass jars are useful for office supplies too such as paperclips, pen holders etc. My most recent upcylcing involves using parts of an old wardrobe that we had to break up to get out of the house and using it for seed trays in the garden! So much better than just burning it. Many thanks for linking up this upcycling post to #GoingGreenLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is better for the environment if we can reuse things.

      Delete
  21. These are so cute. What a great use of the jars and it looks easy to do to. Thank you for joining us at #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. It sure was easy to do and quick if you have everything ready.

      Delete
  22. These are so sweet! And I love how easy they sound to make! x #CandidCuddles

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah I'd never even heard of upcycling til last year and the friend who told me was so astonished I don't think she could speak. I'm the least practical 'manual' person I know but I admire anyone who gets creative Thanks for joining #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have to agree that being organised when crafting helps so much, although I don't always manage it! I love this idea, it's so sweet and a great example of upcycling too! #MakeItLinky

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment