Word of the Week: Slower

Last week we spent most of the week up in the lakes. In fact ‘lakes’ could easily have become my word of the week last Friday but when it came to writing the post one question came to mind. Should you broadcast that you are away from home? I've seen a number of bloggers write that they are going to be away for a period of time and then there are those that don’t give anything away till they are back. I've been told to do the latter in the past only for that same person to do the exact opposite. My husband put one photo up before I questioned him whether we’d given too much away in that single photo! He’s not sure what to do either.

Word of the Week: Slower


We all welcomed the break away and are keen to get away again soon be that together or just as a couple. That’s why we love geocaching so much it enables us a little escapism from the shift patterns my hubby faces during the week and with the girls yet to attend school we can slot around just his working week presently.   

Anyway on to this week and after a few days up north trying to cram in as much as we could see it’s been odd returning home to a slower pace of life. A slower pace means that the girls aren't as tired out as they were up north and now they are fully back into their routine of being full on 24/7! In turn this leads to the occasional clock watching as to when will the hubby be home from work to rescue me.

As always I am linking up with Jocelyn Reading with her Word of the Week linky. Why not go check it out and see what other lovely people have been up to this week.

The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely trip away....The slower pace sounds fab. It's horrible to return to reality.
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did. It's great to come home and relax but yes we'd have loved to stay longer.

      Delete
  2. That's a great word, that is hard for me to do at times!!
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to get a break away and brilliant to be able to do it out of school holidays, we always took advantage of that, too! Slower can then be nice, though yes, the kids energy comes back to full force then! Glad you've had a good week, thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was enjoyable. It sounds like we parents are taken advantage of over the school holidays!

      Delete
  4. The Lakes are beautiful and relaxing, I have always found going away somewhere I need a week to recover lol X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are. There's something about the water isn't there.

      Delete
  5. I'm careful about posting that I am on holiday. I think it's better to wait until you get back so you don't broadcast the fact you have left an empty house. Take advantage of going out of season while you can, it gets so much more expensive to go away when you have to go in school holidays!

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine for the advice. I really appreciate your input.

      Delete
  6. So glad that you had a lovely trip away. Having a slower pace of life is always lovely too. I often delay a post about being on holiday until after I am back - like you I worry about broadcasting that my house is empty. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. It's sure great to have a little relax now and again. Thank you for the advice about what you do on your blog Louise it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  7. I remember that feeling. Waiting for my husband to get home and take over. (Still times now, even though the chidlren are older) Good to have time away, but of so nice to slow down when you're home again. #mmbc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment