Dinner at the Beefeater Ock Mill Abingdon

When was the last time you ate out as a couple? That got you thinking right? For us our chance to dine out as a couple came about recently. It’s been so long that neither hubby nor I can remember the last time there was just the two of us. This is no bad thing for we adore the girls with all our hearts and it feels like a huge part of me is missing even if they are in the safe arms of my parents. However, it sure is peaceful, less crazy and we don’t have to worry about little ones clinging to us, demanding our attention and making a mess when it’s just the two of us.

Dinner at the Beefeater Ock Mill Abingdon


So when we were invited to have a meal out at the Beefeater Ock Mill Abingdon in our county which has recently reopened after a refurbishment we sent the girls to my parents and settled down to an evening of good food and company at the restaurant.

"We are confident our guests will enjoy the changes as much as we do and friends and families can make the most of their time here. It’s still their Beefeater – but with a modern twist". -  Julie Porter, general manager at Beefeater Ock Mill

The staff were friendly, approachable and engaging. They suggested a starter of jalapenos but we opted for a sharer starter of flatbread which did not blow our heads off.

Dinner at the Beefeater Ock Mill Abingdon

We followed this with a main course. As I don’t get to eat ribs often I was instantly drawn to that option but also tried a bit of steak, skinny fries and three little prawns arrived staring up at me. I found the meal very filling and hubby was surprised I struggled to eat it all. In fact he had to step in and finish it with me.

Dinner at the Beefeater Ock Mill Abingdon


For pudding we decided to share a Rocky Road Sundae. Originally it came with one spoon but on realising that we had mentioned we’d share it a second spoon soon appeared.

Dinner at the Beefeater Ock Mill Abingdon


We really enjoyed our meal out and a few days later we were back again this time with the children and their grandparents too. There’s something for all the family and all at affordable prices so we all had a great time.

Disclaimer: We were kindly given dinner in exchange for a review. All words and pictures contained within this post are my own.

Rhyming with WineMrs Mummy HarrisKCACOLS

Comments

  1. The place looks nice and food looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience certainly. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I can't remember the last time me and Hubby went out for a meal alone!! We eat out at least once a month and Ben is really good when out which is amazing as I can't go without a meal out hahah! I find it hilarious that when you get a night off all you can talk about is kids!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks delicious. I can barely remember the last time my husband and I went out for a meal together - it's such a luxury! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  4. We recently had a family meal at a Beefeater for the first time in years and I was very pleasantly surprised at the choice and quality of food. So pleased you had a nice time together. Thanks for linking to #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that sounds delicious! I always choose the ribs, they are my absolute favourite! #triumphanttales

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely. With Keith working abroad so much of the year we try to get out for a meal just the two of us whenever he is home, it's definitely more relaxed than a meal out with small children but we still spend the whole time talking about them!
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. We often eat at Beefeater, the kids love the food and so do we! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to a Beefeater for ages. May have to find my local one and take the girls for a visit. So glad you got to have a child free date #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  9. it sounds wonderful :) the steak and prawns look good! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh! That food looks so good.
    My fella and I try to go out about once a month when the kids are at school. hehehe x
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our issue was finding things to talk about other than the children but now they are older we enjoy regular meals out just as a couple and talk about anything but the kids. I find Beefeater varies but have had some great meals there and affordable too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds lovely - we've had one meal out on our own since Arthur was born 2.5 years ago...not enough really but not we have a new baby on the way I expect we will have to wait a bit longer until next time! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, I'm hopping over from #MMBC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a lovely meal, hope the kids enjoyed it too when you took them #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmhhh! Your main meal looks delicious. I could eat that right now! Glad you had a good evening. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm my last comment didn't seem to work. Oh well, that meal looks wonderful. I hope my husband and I will at least be able to sneak out for our upcoming anniversary. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're going out for a meal for our wedding anniversary next week - I can't wait! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always lovely to get a little bit of 'you time'! We've got Granny coming to stay in the summer hols so looking forward to a wee night out! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those ribs look really good! Glad you had a good time. We visited our local Beefeater recently too! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  20. We never go out as a couple these days, sad but true!! Maybe I'll organise a nice anniversary meal out...#KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Heena, I haven't been to a Beefeater in years, and I'm glad the food looks as good as ever. I would happily have enjoyed everything you ordered.... Mybe not the sharing of the Sundae though!

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, to have a date! I am so envious! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment