Word of the Week: Festive

This week I've been gripped by the festive fever. I've been making festive decorations and joined in with Jen from Mum in the Mad House. Do take a look at what her and others like myself have been up to for a decorative piece suitable for the kids to create each day of this month.




We've also been putting the finishing touches to the girls Christmas presents and I couldn't resist picking up a wooden tea set for the girls at £2. The money also has gone to a good cause as I got it from a charity shop. I also picked up some tea light houses and a couple of stockings this week. I wish I had the fireplace to hang them.



The weather is undoubtedly getting colder so I've been trying to dress up warm as we head out on the odd country walk. Having heard that fleece lined leggings exist I've been trying to find some to fit me. My favourite shop turned out not to have any so it's back to the drawing board to work out who does them.

What word sums up your week?

The Reading ResidencePost Comment LoveThe Tale of Mummyhood

Comments

  1. So impressed you're all over Christmas presents already! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well only for my daughters. Have no idea about my parents, sisters and hubby!

      Delete
  2. Ohh! How wonderful. I have been feeling very festive too.
    The crafts sound like a lot of fun and well done on the bargain tea set x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly enjoying the crafts I'm up to. Though one is very time consuming.

      Delete
  3. Yes the weather is getting colder, but Christmas is coming, great in my world#blogsextravagass@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like the sound of fleece-lined leggings, perfect for the colder weather. You'll have to share where you find them once you manage to track them down! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grotty would be mine as I've had a chest infection all week and barely had any sleep as a result!! I love the start of the festive season though, well done for getting organised with your shopping, it sounds as though the tea set was a great find! Thank you for linking up with #Blogstravaganza this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love festive crafting. Looking forward to doing more this weekend. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr it definitely feels a lot colder however, I do love a walk and that feeling when you get in from the cold, have a good weekend X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've felt festive this week, too, it's as though it suddenly hit me and I wanted Christmas! Sounds like you're doing well with your shopping x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last year we made salt dough hand a and foot prints, I said I would do it every year so we can see how much they've grown! I think it might be this week's task after reading this! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this week my word would be "busy" because I feel like I've got lots done. ;)
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helena, it's a little early for me to start feeling festive yet. Soon though soon! I know you can buy fleece leggings on what we call the Chinese shops here. Some of the Sunday walkers wear them as it can get nippy (for us)here in winter. Do you get Chinese shops there?

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment