Word of the Week: Health

This week I've been teetering on the edge of a cold brought on perhaps by my little girls I'm guessing with their snuffles, running noses and sneezes! My health isn't 100% what it should be with having the condition Type 2 Diabetes brought on perhaps with my pregnancies but we will never know. So we've been out and about a little getting fresh air in - basically to the shops and back. I think I may have bought too many decorations for the tree oops.


Word of the Week: Wellbeing




 However, when hubby approached me with the desire to go on a 10 mile walk on Wednesday covering 20 odd geocaches I decided this should not be on my agenda for the day. Instead I decided he took the girls with him and gave me a bit of breathing space. 

Of course my mind is never far away from them and I've been working on creating something for them in time for Christmas. just like the Santa sacks I created last year I think I may be starting a new tradition of mummy makes something festive annually for them. I'd like to share this project on the blog once they are finished but time seems to be fast escaping me. 

I also went to the doctors and had my annual bloods and other bodily functions tested. I'm supposed to be careful over my consumption of food and drink and exercising but I have let it slip a bit! Some people would say that it's hard when you have two little ones to keep on top of these things but we must remember that we are in charge of our temples (bodies) and the little ones are not force feeding us sweet treats like fondant fancies, chocolate biscuits and marshmallows.  I've been good on swapping out the drink though from fizzy and juices to flavoured waters and I don't drink alcohol, smoke or do drugs. 

What word sums up your week?

The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. Little ones always bring home so many germs, don't they?! I do hope you feel better soon and hope you manage to get back into your healthy eating again x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a terrible cold this week so hopefully you don't come down with anything too bad. Everything is harder when you're feeling under the weather. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. I try to eat healthily too but it is so hard to follow through at this time of year! #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you feel better soon. Sounds like it was a good idea to turn down the walk and take some time for yourself. Looking forward to reading more about what you're making for your girls this year. #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment